How does the process of mediation work?
- First we have a free short consultation (15 to 30 minutes) to determine if mediation could work.
- Both parties sign an agreement to mediate and pay an initial fee.
- The two or more parties meet with the mediator in person, by phone, or by video.
- The mediator will start and make a statement covering ground rules and confidentiality.
- Each party will then make their opening statement about the issues.
- Negotiation then happen between the parties guided by the mediator.
- The parties come to an agreement.
- The resolution is put into a contract writing and both parties sign the contract.